Health and Safety
We Challenge Ourselves to Learn From Every Experience and Strive for Excellence
The health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors and any other individuals affected by our business activity is central to our corporate ethos.
Our Health & Safety Policy clearly sets out our intention to create a safe working environment. We achieve this through good organisation, clearly defined responsibilities and detailed procedures. Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Site Audits and regular reviews, together with staff training enhance our operational efficiency.
Health and Safety is our main priority and we pride ourselves on our Excellent Health and Safety record
At LUK Scaffolding we take the safety of our customers, our employees, and the general public very seriously. We endeavor to provide all advice and equipment needed in order to achieve a safe environment for our scaffolding projects and prevent accidents. There are many current regulations that relate to our chosen profession and we make sure as a company to keep ourselves safe within these rules and regulations at all times.
Just a few of the Health and Safety regulations by which we abide are:
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (commonly referred to as CDM)
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Road Traffic Regulations act 1984 (chapter 8)
- Local authority or highway agencies.
- Full PPE is supplied and worn at all relevant times
- Checks for firm, level foundations
- Time planning to avoid construction during busy periods
- British Standards equipment
- Safety barriers at all heights
- Careful incorporation of ladders and lifts
- All necessary tie-offs and supports
- Weekly checks on the structure on your request
Health, Safety and Sustainability
LUK Scaffolding consider health and safety measures very seriously, all our personnel full trained and hold valid CSCS cards IPAF & PASMA and have passed all required health and safety tests. All our personnel are qualified in NVQ level 2 & 3. Our weekly meeting talks are given proper training to all employees relevant to the job we undertake onsite. We generate, risk assessment reports and method statements to comply with site requirements.
We use our own equipment, whilst complying with the appropriate suspended ceiling specialist equipment for non-standard projects.
We hold full public and employer liability insurance, we comply to strict health and safety policy to residents, pedestrians safety.
We have four operatives First Aid trained.
We can provide ongoing inspections for the client on a pre-determined basis.